Today’s successful healthcare administrators are able to marry a strong understanding of the current economic climate as it relates to the healthcare industry with a positive outlook on managed care and patient comfort. Just as important however, they are able to guide an organization into putting those joint concepts into action at hospitals, medical offices, outpatient centers, or other care facilities.
Bachelor Degrees in Healthcare Administration
What is this degree/program of study about?One common bachelor’s degree in healthcare administration is the bachelor of science in health services administration. Such a degree aims to provide future (or present) healthcare managers with the background needed to make informed leadership decisions, while guiding a staff to properly balance the needs of patience with the business requirements a particular hospital, doctor’s office, or other medical agency needs to continue to operate effectively.
What does it take to earn this degree, and what will it result in for graduates?There is generally no direct prerequisite for those seeking entrance into such a bachelor’s degree program; once admitted students will enjoy such course offerings as healthcare ethics, health systems administration, healthcare law, and healthcare policy. Simultaneously, students – who will graduate prime for administrative or leadership careers that pay, generally, a median annual salary of nearly $80,000 (BLS.gov) – will study such business-oriented coursework as financial management, marketing, and human resources.
Health Administration Bachelor Degrees Online
- Ashford University — BA – Org Mgmt: Health Care Administration
- Ashford University — BA – Health Care Administration
- Bryant & Stratton College — BS – Health Services Administration
- California Coast University — BS in Health Care Administration
- California InterContinental University — BBA – Healthcare Administration
- Colorado Technical University — BS – Health Services Administration
- Grand Canyon University — BS – Health Care Administration
- Hodges University — BS – Health Administration
- Kaplan University — BS – Health Care Administration
- Mid-America Christian University — BS – Health Care Administration
- Mid-America Christian University — BS – Health Care Administration and Ethics
- New England College — BS – Healthcare Administration
- Robert Morris University — BS – Health Services Administration
- Strayer University — BBA – Health Services Administration
Guide to Online Hospital Administration Degrees
|Kaplan University offers healthcare administration degrees at the bachelor's and master's level. The bachelor's program teaches students to understand the principles and practices of health care including administration, management, law, economics, and policy. While the master's program offers more in-depth exploration, the MBA in Healthcare management examines healthcare management from a business standpoint.
|The Ohio University Master of Health Administration program is a dynamic online learning experience. Founded over 200 years ago, Ohio University features expert faculty members that bring their passion and real-life experience to the classroom. This program will Improve your potential for promotion and advancement and allow you to gain recognition from your employer and colleague.
|Liberty University's Bachelor of Science in Business Administration Healthcare Management program explores the business side of healthcare management. Courses review the ethical, professional and financial issues related to the field. Graduates earn leadership, management and human resources skills. Students rave at Liberty's Christ-centered environment and work throughout the healthcare system.
|Grand Canyon University's Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration program teaches students how to create teams as tools for dynamic solutions to healthcare management problems. Courses include human resources, finance and information management, strategic planning, quality growth and control, and marketing. The program includes a capstone project.
|Click here to see more Online Hospital Administration Degree Programs|
Search Hospital Admin Degrees