The study of healthcare management – or healthcare administration – directly relates to how the concepts and practices of leadership, management, and organizational administration relates to hospitals and healthcare networks, along with the healthcare professionals that work within the field.
Master Degrees in Healthcare Management
What is this degree/program of study about?The typical MBA in healthcare management traditionally encompasses the basic tenets of a master of business administration degree, but with additional coursework and directives specifically relating to managing in the healthcare field. Obtaining this particular MBA allows the candidate to see the healthcare field from both its role as a social imperative, and its need for sound business practices in order to operate in a successfully prudent manner.
What does it take to earn this degree, and what will it result in for graduates?Students seeking an MBA in healthcare management will be expected to hold a bachelor’s degree prior to admission; an undergraduate business degree is not necessary, although business experience may be of assistance upon admission. In addition to typical business coursework in global financial management and managerial marketing, such a program will also include the study of health policy and healthcare administration. Successful candidates, upon graduation, will be prime for opportunities as hospital administrators or managers of private practice settings; other opportunities may exist in the consulting field as well. Careers as hospital administrators may include median annual salaries of greater than $80,000 (BLS.gov).
MBA Healthcare Management Degrees Online
- American InterContinental University — MBA – Healthcare Management
- Ashford University — MBA – Health Care Administration
- Baker College Online — MBA – Health Care Management
- Benedictine University — MBA – Health Administration
- Benedictine University — Accelerated MBA – Healthcare Administration
- Brandman University — MBA – Health Administration
- Brenau University — MBA – Healthcare Management
- California InterContinental University — MBA – Healthcare Management and Leadership
- Colorado Technical University — MBA – Health Care Management
- Columbia Southern University — MBA – Health Care Management
- Grand Canyon University — MBA – Health Systems Management
- Jones International University — MBA – Health Care Management
- Kaplan University — MBA – Health Care Management
- Marylhurst University — Accelerated MBA – Healthcare Management
- National American University — MBA – Health Care Administration
- New England College — MSM – Healthcare Administration
- Northcentral University — MBA – Health Care Administration
- Northeastern University — MBA – Healthcare Management
- Ottawa University — MBA – Health Care Management
- Our Lady of the Lake University — MBA – Healthcare Management
- Quinnipiac University Online — MBA – Health Care Management
- Regis University — MBA – Health Industry Leadership
- Regis University — MBA – Health Systems Management
- Saint Leo University — MBA – Healthcare Administration
- Salem University Online — MBA – Health Care Management
- The University of Scranton — MBA – Healthcare Management
- Tiffin University — MBA – Healthcare Administration
- University of Saint Mary — MBA – Health Care Management
- Western Governors University — MBA – Healthcare Management
Guide to Online Hospital Administration Degrees
|Kaplan University offers healthcare administration degrees at the bachelor's and master's level. The bachelor's program teaches students to understand the principles and practices of health care including administration, management, law, economics, and policy. While the master's program offers more in-depth exploration, the MBA in Healthcare management examines healthcare management from a business standpoint.
|Capella University offers a variety of healthcare management degrees, including a BS in Healthcare Management, MHA in Healthcare Operations, PhD in Healthcare Administration, and Doctor of Health Administration. These programs explore varying degrees of complexity of the following topics: analysis, strategic planning, organizational change, ethics, law, and quality improvement in healthcare.
|The University of Phoenix offers students a variety of programs in healthcare administration. The bachelor's degree explores management, finance, and human resources. The Master's program includes study of policy, technology, and quality improvement. The MBA in Healthcare Management looks at the business aspects of the field, while the doctorate program is designed for future professors.
|Walden University offers programs in healthcare management at the bachelor's, master's, and doctoral levels. While the bachelors explores basic topics in the administration of healthcare centers, the master's program teaches the latest theories, strategies, and technology in the healthcare workplace. For those students that seek a business approach, an MBA program is offered. Those that wish to receive advanced training can explore the PhD program.
|The Ohio University Master of Health Administration program is a dynamic online learning experience. Founded over 200 years ago, Ohio University features expert faculty members that bring their passion and real-life experience to the classroom. This program will Improve your potential for promotion and advancement and allow you to gain recognition from your employer and colleague.
|Liberty University's Bachelor of Science in Business Administration Healthcare Management program explores the business side of healthcare management. Courses review the ethical, professional and financial issues related to the field. Graduates earn leadership, management and human resources skills. Students rave at Liberty's Christ-centered environment and work throughout the healthcare system.
|The Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) at Strayer University teaches students topics that prepare them for careers in business, government, and non-profit organizations. Students gain fundamental, practical, and professional skills in all phases of business. Concentrations of the program include Acquisition and Contract Management, Banking, and Finance
|The MS in Administration from Saint Joseph's University explores topics in health policy formulation, organization development and behavior, economic and financial analyses, market assessment, strategy formulation and implementation, and quality assessment for patient care improvement. The MS in Health Administration program includes specializations in ethics and informatics.
|The BS in Healthcare Management from South University is designed for working adults who seek a new career. The curriculum prepares you to gain a real-world understanding of the skills and capabilities needed to succeed in a healthcare management setting. The MBA in Healthcare Administration provides a foundation in business with a specialization in healthcare administration.
|Grand Canyon University's Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration program teaches students how to create teams as tools for dynamic solutions to healthcare management problems. Courses include human resources, finance and information management, strategic planning, quality growth and control, and marketing. The program includes a capstone project.
|Click here to see more Online Hospital Administration Degree Programs|
Search Hospital Admin Degrees