10 Bookmarkable Sites For Healthcare Admin Students & Professionals
Healthcare administrators must stay abreast of the latest developments in their field due to the ever-changing nature of healthcare regulations and procedures. Luckily there are a multitude of excellent sites that help both students and professionals alike keep up with the latest advances in the industry.
We have compiled a list of ten helpful websites ranging from national associations to healthcare tools and blogs worth bookmarking for future reference. The list below is not ranked in any particular order.
- Association of University Programs in Health Administration (AUPHA) – AUPHA aims to cultivate excellence, innovation, collaboration, diversity, and education in healthcare students and professionals. This nonprofit organization hopes to create competent, ethical leaders in the healthcare industry by providing a plethora of career and education resources.
- Health Care Administrators Association (HCAA) – The HCAA is a nonprofit group that provides a platform to allow professionals and third-party benefit organizations to educate one another through the exchange of ideas and factual information. Their objective is to assist in the cost and timeliness of insurance-related queries.
- Healthy People – Healthy People and its new branch Healthy People 2020, is a government association dedicated to improving the nation’s public health. They accomplish this goal through empowering and encouraging professional communities and individuals to collaborate on new ideas and to inform the public of various healthy living tips. This organization also conducts illness prevention activities and analyzes the outcome of these programs in order to better serve the community in the future.
- American Association of Healthcare Administrative Management (AAHAM) – This organization strives to enhance their members’ professional development by providing administrative, legislative, and regulatory certification programs. They also provide current information regarding reimbursements, patient relations, medical records, and more.
- American College of Healthcare Executives (ACHE) – ACHE’s mission is simple, “to advance our members and healthcare management excellence.” They fulfill their mission by providing career and training resources well as the latest books, journals, newsletters, and research studies on healthcare management.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Tools and Templets – The CDC is the government organization that works at protecting those in the U.S. from threats toward their safety, health, and security. The page that we have provided the link to is a “tools and templets” page which is a resource for public health professionals to enhance their health communication programs and campaigns as well as their social media networks. There are also a variety of other resources on that page for public health marketing, education, literacy, and more.
- Professional Association of Health Care Office Management (PAHCOM) – The PAHCOM model is based on the peer networking and information sharing of healthcare administrators and executives. They have a member library and forum as well as webinar series, local chapters, and certification programs for you to support your peers and grow in your career.
- American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) – AHIMA provides educational and career resources for both students and working professionals who would like to advance their knowledge of health information systems. Their educational courses teach students how to utilize the most advanced technology for organizing ans storing electronic health records and other data.
- Medical Group Management Association (MGMA) – MGMA has existed for almost 90 years, and has always promised to deliver education and career resources to its members. Their members can be students or working healthcare management professionals, and some of the resources that they offer are newsletters, webinars, certification programs, fellowships, job listings, and the latest research data in the industry.
- Health Affairs – In just 2014, they published 298 articles that were released in their monthly journal. Their articles discuss a plethora of health issues including health professions education, health information technology, insurance, managed care, public health, state and local issues, legal and regulatory issues, and so much more. This is an absolutely fantastic resource to be informed of the latest topics in the healthcare industry.
Hospital and other healthcare administrators are in high demand, and this field is changing more rapidly than ever before. These are a handful of helpful links to give you a boost in your training or networking. Be sure to check out the rest of this website to learn even more about hospital administration and other related career and education options.